Pregnancy Scan Calculator
To find the date of your 13 and 20 week scans please enter the date of your last menstrual period or your estimated due date into the calculator below.
Now that you know when you should undergo your next scans, please be sure to call us to book an appointment in good time or fill in the enquiry form and we will respond back to you. We promise to take expert care of you and your baby to be.
The reasons for having pregnancy scans are to:
- Confirm your pregnancy and checking that everything is looking okay
- Assess the gestational age of your baby – that is how far along your pregnancy is, also check that the size of the embryo is the right size for that stage
- The cause and source of any blood loss you may be experiencing
- Confirming the presence of a heart beat in your baby
- A general check of your uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries
- Ensuring that there is no ectopic pregnancy and ruling out twins
When is the best time to get a 3D scan?
When your baby is between 24 and 34 weeks is the best time to obtain good images.
We first undertake routine 2D scans to check that your baby is healthy and growing at the expected rate. After we have all the routine measurements done to our satisfaction, then we can do 3D images, if you request these.